Being married to an athlete means eating healthily…usually.
Before any home game he has to have a pre-match meal, mainly consisting of carbs!
Rich always cooks his famous pasta, and it is so delicious I literally can’t wait for home games!!
I can’t count how many times we’ve been asked for the recipe, everyone loves it- and it’s so simple. Loads of riches friends now have it for their pre-match too.
I’m going to share the recipe so you guys can try it out and let us know what you think- i will pass your comments on to the chef!
Ingredients (two servings)
- Coconut oil 1 teaspoon
- (Lazy) Chilli & Garlic half teaspoon of each
- 1 Bunch of spring onions
- Two chicken breast fillets
- 3 heaped tablespoons ofSweet chilli sauce
- 3 heaped tablespoons of Red pesto
- 3 heaped tablespoons of Creme fraiche
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Half a packet of Wholewheat fusilli pasta
- Mascarpone cheese to top (optional)
- First chop the spring onions (throwing away the roots) and dice the chicken breasts, then place to one side. Next, fill a medium size saucepan with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Once simmering add the pasta, and continue to simmer for 8-10minutes.
- Add the coconut oil to a frying pan, once it turns clear and into liquid, add the chilli and garlic. Add the chicken, a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes, then add the spring onion. Continue, occasionally stirring until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the red pesto, creme fraiche and sweet chilli sauce and stir through. Leave to simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- Drain the pasta and add it straight into the frying pan. Stir through thoroughly. And THATS IT!
Easy as that!! Just serve into bowls and add the mascarpone cheese if you are feeling decadent (I always am apparently).
I hope you try this recipe out and enjoy it as much as I do, let me know on Instagram @sebandmedotcom,
Love Charlie xoxo